Bookmark and Share

Gratitude - 4 16 09

It is easy to be independent when you've got money. But to be independent when you haven't got a thing...thats' the Lord's test. - Mahalia Jackson

Today I am thankful
..

  • for my sweet Angela whose sweet embrace erases all my worries
  • the food on the table
  • that a prospect employer called me for a final interview schedule.
  • for discovering the books that my mom left for me
  • that I learned a few French phrases and words. I can definitely use it when I visit Paris.
  • that I will never have to worry about hair, because I love my hair as it is.
  • for a friend who taught me that love is simple. We only make it hard with our trappings, expectations and demands. We alone make loving difficult, painful, hurtful and regrettable because we keep trying to figure out how to do love, give love and get loved right.
  • that I have realized that worrying steals the joy of living
  • for my guardian angel
  • for letting me realize that I have the power to change my lifestyle and move from a feeling of lack and deprivation to a feeling of abundance and fulfillment.
  • for letting me realize that there is no scarcity except in our souls.
When money is plenty this is a man's world. When money is scarce, it is a woman's world. When all else seems to have failed, the woman's instinct comes in. She gets the job. That is the reason why, in spite of all that happens, we continue to have a world. - Ladies Home Journal, Oct. 1932


Share

0 comments: